Ohio Edison outage report shows current power outages affecting the Ohio Edison electricity company customers.
If you landed on this page in search of information concerning the Ohio Edison outage report, then you are on the right page. I explained in an earlier article what exactly the Ohio Edison electricity company does.
It is every customer’s joy to get information about their electricity company when they need it and that is why I am writing this article to help you get easy access to the Ohio Edison outage report when you need it.
You can use the table of content below to check the overview of the content of this page. Simply click on any of the topics to jump to that particular article.
How to check the Ohio Edison outage report
The outage report shows information about power outages and the number of customers affected within a particular period. There are two different ways you can check the Ohio Edison outage report.
Ohio Edison outage report is available on the FirstEnergy power outage map and there are other platforms that also give you outage reports.
- If you want to check the Ohio Edison outage report using the FirstEnergy website, then simply visit the FirstEnergy website.
- As soon as you land on the page, click on the “Outages” tab and click on “View Current Outages” from the dropdown menu. Refer to the screenshot below.
- Click on “Ohio” on the next page and open the power outage map for Ohio.
- After the map has fully loaded, click on the menu to view the menu bar of the map. Refer to the screenshot below.
The menu shows the outage report for the entire of Ohio. You get to see the number of customers FirstEnergy serves in Ohio and the total number affected by power outages.
You can also use the county filter to filter which specific county you would like to see the outage report for.
Here is the best part especially, if you want to check only the Ohio Edison outage report.
- Click on the “Layers” item on the power outage menu and it will show the list of FirstEnergy subsidiaries serving the Ohio state.
- Click on the Green power symbol in front of their names to turn them off leaving only Ohio Edison.
- That is it. The outage report will only include Ohio Edison.
Now that you know how to check the Ohio Edison outage report, let us look at how to report power outages.
How to report Ohio Edison power outages
You need to report outages especially if you check the report and it does not include your outage. Provided you are an Ohio Edison customer, there are many ways you can report your power outage.
There is even a way to track which action the company is taking after you have reported your outage and how long it will take for your light to be back on.
There are two ways to report an outage. You can report by making a phone call or by using the available online platform. Call Ohio Edison at 1-888-544-4877 to report your power outage.
- If you want to use the online platform, then simply head to the FirstEnergy Website.
- As soon as you land on the page, click on the “Outages” tab and click on “Report Power Outages” from the dropdown menu.
From there, you can select “Log In” which will take you to the FirstEnergy Log In page where you will have to log in with your username and password to report the power outage.
If you click on the “Phone number” option, you will have to provide your active mobile number. The system will then take you through a simple process where you will report the outage using your phone number.
Use “My location” if you are experiencing power outages in your area. This will use the GPS location data from your device to pinpoint exactly where you are.
The “Account number” option also helps you to report a power outage using your FirstEnergy account number. It is very important that you use this option if you are the only person experiencing the power outage.
After reporting the outage, you can always log into your FirstEnergy account to check the status of your report.